In Attendance: Chair Savannah Jewell, Dinah Dalder, Norma Singley, Ryan Wynkoop, Kristi Evans, Mary Jo Risk, Eric Danz, Kenny Jones, Claudia Alenduff, Susie Riley, Pastor Jack Hartman, and Amber Traeger.
Savannah opened the meeting with prayer. Savannah made a MOTION to accept the minutes of April 23, 2019. Kristi seconded and all approved.
Living Stones – South Lawn – Ryan reported Trinity would be applying for a $15,000 grant through TAF. This will go towards the pathway, art, and entry sign. Trinity is a member and needs to be a member in good standing at TAF . Amber is presently getting bids for stain glass project. The plan is to use some of the bricks being removed from North Street in the entryway to the garden. Hoping to have a good portion of the garden done by September.
Trinity Retreat - Pastor Jack asked who attended the retreat, given by Rev. Jon Whitaker, and what we learned.
- Reinforced we are on the right track as a church.
- Broadened our vision in community.
- Individualism on what we want and collectivism on how it affects the whole church.
Rev. Whitaker suggested as a Board we should express our Faith journey. Pastor Jack suggested we have one or two Board members share their journey at a Board meeting and think about how we take this to other groups. Savannah will put together questions for all members in talking about their journey.
Volunteer Fair – Volunteer fair will be on Sunday, August 11, right after church. May have a shorter sermon that day so everyone will have time to come and sign-up to volunteer. Possibly thinking of different food to make it fun and draw people in. The following areas are in need of volunteers:
- Maintenance team project managers
- Community garden
- Blessing team (meal for families)
- Prayer team
Putting a “U” in Community is a possible name for the fair.
Endowment – Ryan reported the United Methodist Foundation provides pamphlets, which explains estate planning, setting up wills, giving of tithes and other information. The Endowment committee will meet in June. The disbursement should be the same as last year. Still need one more committee member.
Finance - Eric reviewed the operation budget for year-to-date. Total income is up 12.50% (more than expected) and all expenses are under budget. All looks good.
Trustees – Kristi had a copy of the parking lot sign, which, she passed around for everyone to see. One spelling error was found. Williams will be making the sign.
Church – A/C is out and they think it was a power surge. Boiler is showing a fault. Inspection was due two years ago so will have it inspected at the same time they check on A/C.
North Street – With North Street reconstruction, the water meter is to be replaced. They will dig down a couple feet deeper to keep lines from freezing. The cost is approximately $3,000.
Kristi called for the following invoices to be paid from BUILDING ENDOWMENT FUND:
- $10.79 – Menards – Hardware for welcome sign
- $91.30 – Thyssenkrupp – Service call on elevator (4/29/2019)
- $43.00 – Tippecanoe County Transfer Station (Frank Cederquist) Clean out shrubs on South lawn.
- $958.55 – Haley’s Lock, Safe & Key – Back basement door & cage lock and labor
- $5,492.00 – Lafayette Glass Co. – Repair to damage window on church Southside
- $101.81 – Twin City Equipment – Replace fan hood belt in kitchen
- $490.00 – Electric & More – Changed lights in Sanctuary to LED bulbs.
- $130.00 – Haley’s Lock, Safe & Key – Outside cage rekeyed
- $69.00 – Lafayette Printing – “Enter Here” signs
- $1,900.00 – Electric & More – Installed 2 new lights on SW and NW stairs, Replaced bulbs in stair light on the east end of church, scaffolding in stairs, LED lights and labor
- $107.88 – Menards – Video door bell for back door to office
Kristi made a MOTION to have all the above invoices paid from BUILDING ENDOWMENT. Norma seconded and all approved.
Staff Parish – Redacted per Governing Board By-Laws
Savannah closed the meeting with prayer at 8:00 p.m. Our next meeting will be June 25, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.